shoutout to Call Me Cupcake for the wonderful recipe!
200g 60%-70% dark chocolate (I combined 100g of unsweetened+100g semi-sweet chocolate)
300g softened butter
350g powdered sugar
150g cocoa powder
1-3 tsp. instant coffee (opt.* I added 1 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp.+ milk (add as needed)
1. Melt chocolate in double boiler.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until white and fluffy.
3. Gradually add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder and instant coffee, mix until smooth.
4. Add melted chocolate and continue to mix until smooth.
5. Add vanilla extract and milk as needed for a fluffy, smooth and tacky consistency.
There you go, perfect chocolate frosting!