|Oh joy of cooking...|
Today was one of those days I threw something together and took a picture.
Creamy Fettuccine with approximate measurements:
8-12 oz. dried fettuccine
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 tbsp. butter
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp. corn starch (opt.)
a handful of cheese, about 1/4 cup (I used cheddar)
1/2 tsp. dry basil
1/2 tsp. dry oregano
a sprinkle of onion powder
few dashes of ground black pepper
1. Cook fettuccine with a pot full of water and 1 tbsp. salt for 10 minutes. Drain, but do not rinse (unless you find the noodles too salty).
2. Combine heavy cream and milk. Mix in corn starch.
3. In the same saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat, then pour in the wet ingredients. Sprinkle in cheese.
4. With a wooden spoon, stir continuously for 3-5 minutes until sauce becomes thick. Add in basil, oregano, onion powder and ground pepper and still for another 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
5. Dump in the cooked fettuccine and toss with chopsticks until sauce is evenly distributed. That's it!