Foolproof Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Follow up post of "How to Bake Cupcakes (Foolproof Recipe)" on my Youtube channel.
By foolproof, I mean, it has never failed to turn out beautifully for every party, bake sale, and birthday event. It is my ultimate go-to recipe that I've been using for over a year now!
What is originally called "Moist Vanilla Cupcakes" is now Foolproof Moist Vanilla Cupcakes:
makes 28 cupcakes
227g (1 cup) butter, soft
360g (1.5 cups) caster sugar
4 large eggs, room temp.
240ml (1 cup) milk, room temp.
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla
a drop of rum extract
250g cake flour + 127g all purpose flour (1 cup cake flour+0.6 cups AP flour)
15g (1 tbsp.) baking powder
5g (1 tsp.) salt
1. Beat the butter until smooth and add in the caster sugar. Mix on medium speed for 7 minutes till it becomes fluffy.
2. Add in a whole egg one at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding the next egg.
3. Sift together the dry mixture and alternate adding it into the butter&sugar mixture with the liquid mixture. (If this doesn't make sense, the video is the best illustration for this step.)
4. Line cupcake tins with paper liners and scoop in the cake batter with an ice cream scoop. Fill each cupcake tin 2/3 full.
5. Preheat and bake the cupcakes at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until golden on top. Use the cake test if necessary.
6. To cool, remove the cupcakes from the baking tray and onto wire racks or large container (like a baking pan), then cover with plastic film. It will help the cupcakes retain its moisture. Once it's done cooling, it is now ready to be decorated or eaten plain (how I like it best)!