Below is the foolproof recipe I use for that "perfect cookie" look in the videos on my Youtube channel. If the recipe isn't enough and you'd like to see a video tutorial, let me know!
from Joy of Baking
makes about 30 3-inch rounds.
1.5 cups butter, room temp.
3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
1/4+ tsp. (3g) salt
1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
These are my simple/shorthand directions for how I execute the cookie making process. For more extensive directions, visit the Joy of Baking.
1. Beat butter, add sugar and salt. Add vanilla.
2. Slowly paddle in flour until dough forms.
3. Divide dough in half and flatten between two sheets of cling film. Place on baking sheets and keep in the freezer till hard enough to handle.
4. Take out of freezer and remove cling film. Generously flour the flattened dough, then flatten with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch. thick.
5. Take my 3-inch wine glass and cut out 3-inch rounds and place on cookie sheet.
6. Place cookie sheet in freezer while the preheating the oven to 350°F (177°C).
7. Bake 350°F (177°C) for 20-25 minutes. Top rack usually yields the most even golden colour for my oven.
8. Remove baked cookies from baking sheets onto wire racks to fully cool to room temperature.