Here is the video of the making of the Pink Potato Cupcake!
How I make mashed potato "frosting":
1. Peel and cut potato into fours. Place in a large pot of cold water, enough to cover the potatoes. Add one tablespoon of salt for every potato used.
2. Heat the pot of water until a simmer/light boil. Cook for15-20 minutes depending on the size of the potato. The knife test: Stick a knife in the center of a potato slice, if it removes easily, it is done cooking.
3. Turn off heat and remove pot from stove. Strain out water from the potatoes and dump potatoes back into the waterless pot. Shake the pot around to allow any excess water to evaporate from the potatoes.
4. Dump potatoes into a large bowl. Add a little butter (1 tbsp. for every 2 potatoes or however much you like.) Then add milk (however much you like.) Take a handheld mixer and blend the mixture together. Add more milk if necessary to achieve the creamy consistency of a frosting.
5. Add a few drops of food coloring and blend for an even color.
6. The mash potato "frosting" is now ready to be filled into piping bags and piped onto the cupcakes!