This is a follow up post for my video demonstration of this recipe on youtube.
Bringing back the old trend of multicolored cakes! You can apply the same method for different colors and flavors, such as RAINBOW. You can even create some coffee art designs before baking ;)
makes one 9-in cake
6 oz. - 8oz. caster sugar
8 oz. oil
10 oz. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder+1 tbsp. caster sugar
1. Whisk eggs and caster sugar until the "ribbon" stage: light and creamy. ribbons form when whisk is lifted.
2. Gradually add in the oil and beat until well combined.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and vanilla. Alternate adding the combined dry and combined wet into the egg mixture. Slowly whisk till ingredients are fully incorporated. Do not overbeat!
4. Divide the batter into two equal portions. Sift in cocoa powder+caster sugar into one half. Mix well.
5. Alternate pouring in the two different colored batters into the center of a greased springform round pan. Don't wait for the batter to spread!
[There are many methods. In the video I showed the bag method. I have also tried pouring from pyrex glass cups.]
6. Bake in preheated 350°F and bake for about 40 minutes.
7. Let it cool on wire racks or slice and eat it steaming. I personally like cake the second day, it allows time for the flavors to develop and cross a little more :)