This recipe is a follow up of my video short: "Bake & Decorate: Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes"
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
inspired by Crave.Indulge.Satisfy.
makes 24 cupcakes
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1 cup granulated sugar
5 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. lemon juice (1 lemon)
1 tbsp. lemon zest (1 lemon)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup yogurt or sour cream
5 egg whites
dash of cream of tartar
(scant) 1 cup caster sugar
1 cup or 120 blueberries
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, use a paddle attachment and beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add in the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder and salt. Sift half of the mixture into the batter and mix. Add half of the yogurt into the batter and mix. Now, sift the remainder flour mixture into the batter and mix. Then pour in the remainder amount of yogurt and mix well.
3. Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and caster sugar until stiff peaks.
4. Add half of the egg white mixture into the batter and mix on the lowest speed just until incorporated. Then continue and add the remainder egg white mixture into the batter and again mix well on the lowest speed setting.
5. Scoop the cupcake batter into 24 lined paper cups. Then add 4 blueberries on top of each cup.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake cupcakes for 18-22 minutes. Using a cake tester (toothpick) to check for doneness.